February 14, 2009

There is always the one you think of all day...


...One you want to know more about. What is life like? How hard are the days? When did you eat well last? Is it enough for a living? What are your happy memories? How do you hold it together?

Today it was the Spice Woman. I saw her as I came across the corner at Chandni Chowk.

In her red shawl, with her neat bags of spices, two measures in each bag; at first she was amused to see me take a picture of her. Soon however, the paying customers deserved more attention (yes, we did buy the large measure of cloves at the end). As you can tell I spent some time with her (attracting a curious crowd) but could have gone on for much longer.

Unfortunately she refused to look up for the last shot. She had had enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember when we took this. The "longs" turned out good